Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Air Travel is Still an Adventure

I don't get to travel internationally very often, so when I do, I try to make an adventure out of it. I take in all of the experiences related to air travel, cut out the annoying ones--like waiting in customs and immigration--and remember the enjoyable ones--like people watching or shopping.

Recently, I had the opportunity to fly aboard an Airbus A380 from Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, to Los Angeles. I flew on the plane pictured below, Qantas Airways registry VH-OQD. I was so excited to be able to book a flight on this type of aircraft that my wife asked me if I had some sort of bucket list. I thought about for a little while and then said, "Yeah, I guess I do."

For me, even with the hassles of airport security and the long waits at immigration and customs, air travel is still and adventure. It's still a great way to see the country or the world, it's a great way to meet people you wouldn't normally meet, and it's a great way to experience a marvel of modern life--powered flight.

Next up: trying to fly aboard a Boeing 787.

Qantas Airways VH-OQK (FlightAware)


No comments:

Post a Comment